A Sampling of Our Work
- Maintenance of Commonwealth Edison conduit lines and manholes since 1911.
- Installation of one of the first steel transmission pipelines for Commonwealth Edison on Wrightwood Avenue, Chicago.
- Installation of Commonwealth Edison – Illinois Bell Telephone joint tunnel project with conduit under south branch of the Chicago River at Madison Street, Chicago.
- First Responders on Commonwealth Edison transmission lines when these lines are impacted by outside forces or system failure.
- Installation of 9 – 6” duct Commonwealth Edison line and four associated manholes on Burnham Taylor Project.
- Installation of piping in Chicago Rock Tunnel for Commonwealth Edison at Taylor TSS 153.
- Rebuilt various Pothead Structures for Commonwealth Edison at Hanson Park, Galewood, Garfield and Clybourn Substations.
- Handled Voltalet Joint Replacement Projects on various Commonwealth Edison steel lines.
- Perform cutovers on numerous Commonwealth Edison transmission lines.
- Installation of concrete tunnel and 36” steel gas main for Peoples Gas under Sanitary District Canal west of Western Avenue at 31st Street, Chicago.
- Installation of 20” steel gas main and 16” steel and 4” steel service to Western Electric from 30th and Karlov to Ogden Avenue east of Kenton Avenue, Chicago.
- Installation of 42” Peoples Gas steel gas main in Polk Street, Ashland Avenue and Congress Parkway, Chicago.
- Installation of 36” Peoples Gas steel gas main from Marshall Boulevard to Fisk Street station, Chicago.
- Installation of 17,000 L.F. 36” steel gas main for Peoples Gas on Chicago Avenue from Kenton Avenue to Grand Avenue and from Hawthorn Station to Hobbie Street, Chicago.
- Installation of 2” – 24” Peoples Gas and North Shore Gas steel and plastic gas mains and services throughout Chicago and Northern suburbs
- Perform emergency repair work on AT&T conduit lines and manholes in Chicago and northern suburbs.
- Installation of various size conduit lines and manholes for AT&T at O’Hare Field, Midway Airport and various Chicago and northern suburban locations.
Northern Illinois Gas:
- Excavated for and installed various gas mains in suburbs of Chicago and areas of Northern and Central Illinois.
- Power Construction Co., Inc.
- Relocated telecommunication, multiple conduit run for construction of Stouffer Hotel, Wacker Drive, Chicago.
- Meade Electric Co., Inc.
- Excavation for installation of 5511 lineal feet 9 duct Commonwealth Edison line and four poured manholes in South Loop and the Southside of Chicago.
- Prysmian Cables & Systems USA, LLC
- Installed High Pressure Fluid Filled (HPFF) pipe. Removed casing, placed new steel conduit, fabricated and bent steel pipe, tested welds, wrapped pipe and pressurized pipe at ComEd Taylor TSS and ComEd Garfield Station.
- Utility and Industrial Construction Co.
- Installed 4” circulating steel pipe and 2” steel pressurizing pipe. Installed pothead base plates, fusion chamber, valves, 3”steel piping. Tested all welds, put pressure test on system and wrapped all pipe at ComEd Garfield Station.
Burns & McDonnell:
- Supported the existing HPFF pipe type transmission lines at the ComEd Fisk Substation and removed three transmission manholes and placed three cast in place manholes while the site was remediated.
- Installed temporary supports on steel pipes and then wrapped and restored the pipes once the remediation was complete.
- Thrust blocks were poured as the HPFF pipe entered the new cast in place manholes and existing splices supported during the remediation.
- Excavated for and installed 9 – 6” pvc concrete encased conduit. Also, excavated for and installed cast in place manholes for same conduit line on ComEd West Loop Project.
Some images from recent projects: